By using our service, you will accept all the below stated terms and conditions.
- All pupils must produce a valid driving licence (provisional licence or full licence) and be able to read a registration number plate from 20.5 metres. If you require glasses then you must bring this with you. If you fail to do so then the lesson cannot go ahead and you must pay for the lesson in full.
- If you book a driving lesson and need to change or cancel for any reason then we require 48 hours’ notice or we will charge for late cancellation for the full amount. For example if you book a two hours lesson then you will be charged for the full 2 hours. This also applies if you’re on a driving lesson and wish to end the lesson early.
- We expect pupils to be ready on time at the agreed address for each driving lesson. If you wish to end the lesson at a different local address this might be possible only if you request at the start of the lesson, however we are not under any obligation. Please note we try to run on time but sometimes we may arrive late due to traffic. In this case we will contact you to inform you and any lost time will be added at the end of the lesson or to a future lesson if you wish.
- You must disclose any medical conditions to DVSA and inform us of any conditions that might affect your control of the vehicle. If you are taking medication then you must meet the legal requirements in order to drive.
- You must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If we suspect you have consumed alcohol then we reserve the right not to carry out the driving lesson and our fee will be payable.
- You must pay our car insurance excess of £250 in the event of a fault or non-fault accident. If we can reclaim the excess from the insurance company then we will send you a refund as soon as possible.
- Payment must be made in full at the end of each lesson by cash or bank transfer. Strictly no driving lessons will give on credit.
- If you want to purchase driving lessons in block then you must pay in full before or on the first lesson by cash or bank transfer. Generally block bookings are a minimum of 2 hours lesson. We keep a record of the date of each lesson and recommend you keep your own however if there is any discrepancies then we will go by our records. If you change/cancel your lesson without giving sufficient notice then we will deduct any hours from your block payment as per our conditions section 2.
- If you book more than 4 hours lesson and choose not to purchase lessons in a block then we require a 20% deposit to secure your booking. No refund will be given and if this amount does not cover our short notice policy then you will be liable to pay the remaining balance. Also we require a 20% deposit on all intensive courses to reserve your place which is non-refundable unless 48 hours’ notice is given in writing. The remaining balance must be paid in full before or on the first lesson. Strictly no refund will be issued once the course has commenced.
- We reserve the right to refuse our vehicle for the driving test if in our professional opinion the candidate is not test standard. This is in the interest of your own safety, the public and anyone concerned. Our decision is final and cannot be reversed. We expect you the candidate to respect our decision.
- If you book a driving test including short notice test then you must contact us first to check our availability. If you choose not to then you do so at your own risk . if we cannot take you for test and DVSA charge you for late cancellation then you are personally liable to pay for the driving test fee. We are not under any obligations to take you for a driving test if it is not during our working hours or for any other reason.
- If you have not carried out the necessary checks and the driving test cannot be conducted for the following reasons then you are personally responsible and liable to pay for any cost including our fees.
- The onus is on you the candidate to check any correspondence with DVSA regarding test confirmation details. You must check for any cancellations leading up to the day of your driving test. You must send us a copy of the driving test confirmation email/letter and notify us immediately of any cancellation/changes. If it appears you have the wrong date or time you are personally held responsible for any errors.
- You the candidate have failed to bring your driving licence to present to the examiner, the photo on your driving licence is not acceptable by the driving examiner, or for any other reason the driving examiner is not satisfied for the purpose of law.
- You the candidate have failed the eye sight test and therefore the driving test cannot be conducted. It is your responsibility to bring your glasses if required to drive legally.
- In the event your driving test is terminated for any reason by the driving examiner or if you choose to yourself then under no circumstance can you drive the vehicle and you must contact us immediately to arrange pick up.